Thursday 6 May 2010

On the move

Having placed Langkawi as my second favourite after the lake in Thailand, I took a ferry to George Town (Penang) where I've been half-a-year ago. Landed in the same Guest House in the same room. It was nice to be here again, I like this city. I am glad I met here a wise man, Barrie:



Two nights in George Town and then off I go to Medan (Sumatra, Indonesia). On the ferry between Malaysia and Sumatra:


With Jade and Chris from New Zealand:


Its medicine in there, but the absence of Red Cross is puzzling at first:


Medan is the third biggest city in Indonesia, noisy, polluted. Spent one night here and then by bus (5 hours) to lake Toba, which is quite something: 30x100 km, 500 meters deep, 900 meters above the sea level. 70 000 years ago a volcano exploded and (Wikipedia): "it had global consequences, killing most humans then alive and creating a population bottleneck in Central Eastern Africa and India that affected the genetic inheritance of all humans today."



I'll spend two weeks here, and then it can explode again for all I care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment