Saturday 25 April 2009

Intro

As a teenager I dreamt traveling the world, staying in one place with locals for two months at least, then moving on. There are no lasting memories after packaged holidays - too short, detached from real local life...but still better than watching a documentary about a country!

Life went on, family, three children, skiing holidays in Italy and Switzerland, summer holidays in France and a like. Pushing 60, I thought: oh well, perhaps in my next life...

I am going to do it! For the next six months I am off to South East Asia. Flying to Bangkok ($800 return) and then slowly moving towards Indonesia and Philippines. That's the plan, no more to it, very flexible. No contacts or addresses (hint, hint!).

What stops me going right now is an appointment with a dentist surgeon on 19th of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment