Saturday 20 March 2010

Every morning I see a father with sons going fishing and coming back in 4 - 5 hours. I asked whether I can go one day with them when one of them cannot make it. That day has come (the father had to do some duties in a church) and his sons took me with them. But it seemed to me they were fed up with everyday fishing and used this opportunity to have some fun.




One of them found a clam fish, opened it and we ate it on the spot.


We have put a net around this tiny island in the middle of nowhere and netted two squids.



Made a short stopover in this sleepy village to buy some petrol.



Proud Ronald with our pathetic catch.



When a fisherman returns, it is always a bit of event. Friends and relatives are getting something, others can buy on the spot, the rest goes to a shop which has some ice (remember, electricity is here 5pm-11pm?).



And while we are in a remembering mode - I was joking about Charlie Chaplin in an earlier post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment